[Webinar] New CFPB Tactics: Strategies to Mitigate Regulatory Risk in 2022 – April 28, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET | Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
April 28, 2022
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
Since the start of the Biden administration, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has announced its intention to dramatically increase its enforcement activity and expand its reach through aggressive interpretations of its enforcement power. prohibit unfair, deceptive and abusive practices and the enactment of new regulations. . The CFPB seeks to regulate entities not previously considered to be within its jurisdiction, to hold board members and company management accountable, and to impose remediation obligations closer to a prudential authority than a market regulator.
In this webinar, Manatt’s consumer financial services professionals will discuss these developments and strategies to avoid and respond to the application of CFPB and other activities. Topics will include, among others:
- Appointment of officers and members of the board of directors in enforcement proceedings
- Using the “bullying pulpit” to force changes to legal business practices
- A new focus on antitrust and competition issues
- The impact of recent changes to enforcement procedures
Our panel will include:
- Jan Lynn Owenmoderator, senior adviser and former commissioner of the California Department of Business Oversight (now known as the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation)
- Brian SchneiderPartner and former Associate Director of Lending Supervision, Enforcement and Equity at CFPB
- Scott M. Pearsonpartner and leader, Manatt Consumer Financial Services
- Joseph J. ReillyPartner, Manatt Consumer Financial Services
This program is only open to Manatt clients and financial services industry participants.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at [email protected]